Accounts Receivable Clerk
Job Title: Accounts Receivable Clerk
Position Type: Full-time
Salary Range: $11.54 to $13.46/hour DOQ
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Verifies and submits all Medicaid/Third Party/Insurance billing;
- Reconciles all Medicaid/Third Party/Insurance billing weekly; serves as primary point of contact with Insurance companies, Medicaid companies, and billing departments at funding agencies; works closely with all billing sources to ensure required guidelines are followed;
- Enters billing data into AMS daily for all TDCJ-funded programs;
- Submits monthly billing for all TDCJ-funded programs;
- Submits DSHS claims for outpatient treatment billing in CMBHS weekly;
- Reconciles all DSHS payments for outpatient treatment billing weekly;
- Updates Residential Roster, Residential Census, DAR, Count Sheets, Client Arrival Dates, and Bed Logs daily;
- Updates Counselor Hours spreadsheet;
- Reconciles Trip List to AMS monthly;
- Processes SOCC Co-Pays, and makes copies for 25% payments;
- Completes the Weekly Population Report for TDCJ-funded programs;
- Maintains accounts receivable files and financial records in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles;
- Serves as primary point of contact for BVCASA Managers and Counselors on all aspects of billing;
- Uses judgment and works independently on billing tasks;
- Ensures accuracy of billing and meets all deadlines with minimal supervision;
- Performs other duties as assigned by Finance or Executive Management.
High School Diploma required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred, plus two years’ experience in accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with QuickBooks preferred.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Must have skills in written and verbal communication, high-level organization, and maintaining accurate files. Professionalism and ability to maintain strict confidentiality required. Must be detail-oriented, have problem-solving skills, and the ability to work independently, as well as in a team. Must have extensive knowledge and skills working with computer spreadsheets and databases. Knowledge of accounting practices preferred.
For more information on these or other open positions, please contact BVCASA’s Human Resources Department at (979) 846-3560. BVCASA is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applicants. You can email your application to email@example.com.
DOWNLOAD A BVCASA JOB APPLICATION HERE.
**Downloads are available in Adobe PDF format. You must have Microsoft Office or Adobe Reader to download the application. You can download Adobe Reader for free by clicking HERE. Otherwise, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the application via email, or you may call (979) 846-3560 to arrange to pick up a hard copy.
Job descriptions are an outline of general duties needed to fulfill the requirements of the job and may be modified as services and funding needs change.