Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cook meals for clients in BVCASA’s Residential Treatment Program.
- Ensure all state and local standards and requirements are met regarding the kitchen, food, and food preparation.
- Monitor the sign-in/sign-out board and ensure that proper policies and procedures are followed.
- Communicate all resident problems, inappropriate behaviors or confrontations to the Kitchen Supervisor.
- Comply with all staff conduct policies and procedures.
- Maintain high standards of care for all clients consistent with DSHS Contract, TDCJ Contract and Program Code of Ethics.
- Maintain client confidentiality in accordance with Federal Confidentiality laws and BVCASA policies and procedures.
- Notify Residential Program Staff on Call, and/or proper authorities in case of an emergency according to policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all required trainings are completed within the appropriate timeframes.
- Model healthy lifestyle and demonstrate appropriate behaviors for recovering community.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisory staff.
Graduation from an accredited high school or GED equivalent, plus (2) years related work experience required. Must be a certified food handler or manager in Brazos County.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to establish rapport with clients and family members.
- Must communicate a respectable attitude towards persons.
- Must be able to implement House expectations, policies and procedures with authority.
- Bilingual (Spanish and English) capabilities are preferred, but not required.
- Willingness to receive and to respond positively to supervision.
- Experience with clients in criminal justice system helpful.
- Must have a current driver’s license, reliable transportation and a home telephone.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
For more information on these or other open positions, please contact BVCASA’s Human Resources Department at (979) 846-3560. BVCASA is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applicants. You can email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DOWNLOAD A BVCASA JOB APPLICATION HERE:
**Downloads are available in either Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF format. You must have Microsoft Office or Adobe Reader to download the application. You can download Adobe Reader for free by clicking HERE. Otherwise, you can email email@example.com to receive the application via email, or you may call (979) 846-3560 to arrange to pick up a hard copy.
Job descriptions are an outline of general duties needed to fulfill the requirements of the job and may be modified as services and funding needs change.