Direct Care Staff Monitor
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and direct the activities and responsibilities of the male residents and the “House” and assist the TDCJ Program Manager in operation of the program to ensure 24-hour House supervision.
- Enforce House rules, making incident reports, when necessary
- Assist Senior Coordinator with in-house duties and responsibilities and see that these assignments are carried out.
- Be available at all times to handle any disciplinary situations that may arise with residents or House emergencies
- Monitor sign-in, sign-out board and insure that proper policies and procedures are followed.
- Communicate all resident problems, inappropriate behaviors or confrontations to the TDCJ Program Manager.
- Comply with all staff conduct policies.
- Maintain high standards of care for all clients consistent with TDCJ Contract and Program Code of Ethics.
- Maintain client confidentiality in accordance with Federal Confidentiality laws and BVCASA policies and procedures.
- Oversee any on-going maintenance project of Residential House.
- Be available to assist staff in new client orientation, if necessary.
- Know whereabouts of all clients while on duty, enforcing curfews and regulations.
- Maintain accurate record keeping of client contacts.
- Attend all staff meetings.
- Notify TDCJ Staff on Call and/or proper authorities in case of an emergency according to policies and procedures.
Graduation from an accredited high school, or GED equivalent. Basic knowledge of community resources. Ability to establish rapport with clients and family members. Must communicate a respectable attitude towards others. Must be able to implement House expectations, policies and procedures with authority. Bilingual (Spanish and English) capabilities are preferred, but not required. Willingness to receive and to respond positively to supervision. Experience with clients in criminal justice system helpful. Must have valid driver’s license. Reliable transportation and telephone required. If a recovering chemically dependent individual, must be in recovery a minimum of one year and actively working a program of recovery. Must have up to date or training for CPR and First Aid Certificates (must have before working alone). Must have up to date or training for Self-Administration of Medications (must have before working alone).
For more information on these or other open positions, please contact BVCASA’s Human Resources Department at (979) 846-3560. BVCASA is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applicants. You can email your application to email@example.com.
DOWNLOAD A BVCASA JOB APPLICATION HERE. APPLICANTS FOR TDCJ DIRECT CARE STAFF POSITIONS MUST ALSO COMPLETE THE CRITERIA FOR HIRE FORM AVAILABLE HERE.
**Downloads are available Adobe PDF format. You must have Microsoft Office or Adobe Reader to download the application. You can download Adobe Reader for free by clicking HERE. Otherwise, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the application via email, or you may call (979) 846-3560 to arrange to pick up a hard copy.
Job descriptions are an outline of general duties needed to fulfill the requirements of the job and may be modified as services and funding needs change.