|Job Title:||Receptionist||Position Type:||Full-time non-exempt|
|Department/Group:||Carter Creek Center||Salary Range:||$11 to $14 per hour DOQ|
|Location:||4001 E. 29th Street,
|Reports To:||Executive Director||Regular Hours:||Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm|
|Applications Accepted By:|
|Fax: (979) 846-3213
Attention: Human Resource Coordinator
Subject Line: Application for [Position Type]
Attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box 873
Bryan, TX 77806
|Serve as the first point of contact for the company and provide administrative support across the organization. Responsible for handling the flow of people through the business and ensure that all receptionist responsibilities are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner.|
|· Serve visitors by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing them appropriately.
· Answer, screen and forward any incoming phone calls while providing basic information when needed.
· Receive mail/deliveries/couriers
· Maintain security by following procedures and controlling access.
· Update appointment calendars and schedule meetings/appointments.
· Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, collating, faxing etc.
· Draft letters, email and other correspondence needed by executive management.
· Assist in the preparation of reports for internal and external audiences.
· Perform data entry into spreadsheets and other forms for internal tracking purposes.
· Maintain client confidentiality in accordance with Federal Confidentiality laws and BVCASA policy and procedures.
· Responsible for maintaining reception area to ensure a professional and clean environment.
· Responsible for follow up and confirmation of appointment times.
· Responsible for class sign up, documentation and payment.
· Responsible for taking payment for other services.
· Responsible for maintaining office supply inventory.
· Maintain continuing service needs of office equipment.
· Responsible for documenting facility maintenance needs and facilitating repairs.
· Complete all documentation and reports in a timely manner as required to meet deadlines.
· Respond to all communication from both internal and external sources in a timely manner.
|Qualifications, Skills, and Requirements|
Graduation from an accredited high school or GED, college degree preferred. A minimum of two years’ experience in office management, filing systems, or clerical duties.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Strong ability to communicate effectively, orally, and in writing.
Strong computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise.
Ability to de-escalate and contentious/confrontational situations.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, clients and the general public
Some knowledge of computer operations.
Ability to represent BVCASA with a positive image.
Must have a high standard of professional ethics and integrity with all clients, community members and BVCASA personnel.
Must have a current driver’s license, reliable transportation and telephone.
DOWNLOAD A BVCASA JOB APPLICATION HERE:
**Downloads are available Adobe PDF format. You must have Microsoft Office or Adobe Reader to download the application. You can download Adobe Reader for free by clicking HERE. Otherwise, you can email email@example.com to receive the application via email, or you may call (979) 846-3560 to arrange to pick up a hard copy.
Job descriptions are an outline of general duties needed to fulfill the requirements of the job and may be modified as services and funding needs change.