YPS (All Stars) Prevention Specialist
Job Title: YPS (All Stars) Prevention Specialist
Position Type: Full-time Non-Exempt
Travel Required: 50% time throughout the 7-county Brazos Valley Region (company car and/or mileage reimbursement provided)
|To conduct curriculum-based education and other program services for youth ages 11-14 in high schools throughout the 7-county Brazos Valley area and to provide community-based education for adults in the same region.
- Perform responsible alcohol, tobacco, and other drug curriculum-based education, training, individual and group facilitation, and alternative activities.
- Conduct curriculum-based programs targeting selective youth.
- Plan, organize, implement and deliver programs for youth, adults and referral sources, according to quantified measures, as established by funding sources.
- Conduct follow-up on participants, as required in a timely manner.
- Develop, organize and conduct alternative activities according to funding agency requirements.
- Complete all documentation and reports in a timely manner for submission to supervisor and to funding agency.
- Complete all documentation and reports in a timely manner for submission to the Program Director, the Executive Director, and the funding agency, as required.
- Respond to all communication from both internal and external sources in a timely manner.
- Participate in agency wide activities as needed, except where prohibited by funding agency, in order to meet the goals and objectives of the organization in furthering its mission.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Director Prevention Services or Executive Director.
|Qualifications, Skills, and Requirements
|QualificationsBachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in social service related field or graduate of an accredited high school with a minimum of three years in the field of substance abuse prevention or related social service field, preferred. LCDC credential preferred, but not required.Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have extensive knowledge of alcohol, tobacco and drug abuse and its physiological, psychological and social effects.
- Must have a strong knowledge of prevention strategies. Must have skills in facilitation of groups and conducting educational training.
- Must have knowledge of adolescent development and willingness to work with youth population.
- Must have a high standard of professional ethics and integrity with all clients within the community and with BVCASA personnel.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, organizations, and the general public.
- Must work and relate well to individuals and groups, both youth and adults.
- Must have a basic knowledge of community resources.
- Must have excellent planning, development, organizational, and record keeping skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to maintain participant confidentiality in accordance with Federal Confidentiality laws, and BVCASA policies and procedures.
- Must obtain an Associate Prevention Specialist (APS) designation within 18 months of employment for this program.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Dependable transportation and phone required.
- Must have a current driver’s license, auto insurance, reliable transportation and a home telephone.
- Must have a positive attitude and flexibility.
DOWNLOAD A BVCASA JOB APPLICATION HERE:
Applicants should submit a completed application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or at 4001 E. 29th Street, Bryan, TX 77802